Friday, September 14, 2012

Todays DIY in the New House, with three days off!

Alright.... so I had a day off by myself in the New House, Mr. was at work, one kid at school and the other out looking for a job....so....I started to play around with decorating (of course)...
I started in the kitchen, I had forgot about these Buddha paintings I painted back in 08' they're perfect for the kitchen! 
So, I hung them up! ...and a bunch more art!
 They (the Buddha paintings) will be available in my website soon (http://urbansoule.com)
I hung the large blue graffiti painting in the corner... it is currently for sale on
and the Bullzeye painting on the other side of our living room
available here
then we cleaned up the yard... actually this is from last night...
here's a before and after picture... gross huh? 
My son helped a lot, Thank goodness...
Back to today....
this is our entryway/foyer, I wanted to give it a make over...

so I started taping


and adding texture to the wall
adding shades of gray paint...
to make it look like concrete
the other walls are just Steel gray, not textured
here's the sexy, faux concrete wall at night
and the steel gray wall
I decided I'm going to paint the door, but not right now because I'm writing this post, so maybe tmrw
oh yes! this is the view of the wall I have sitting at my desk right now...
yes, I'm in a black room,with black furniture, at night and yes that is a rib cage in the corner and an Eames rocker...
My parents always said "I will grow out of it" but no, I haven't, I love black and am still weird...

Oh... and after painting the entryway/foyer this morning, I repainted this outdoor bench to match the house...
and painted more on the Peacock Aviary but forgot to take pictures... more tmrw!

No comments:

Post a Comment