Friday, August 23, 2013

From Gold to Hot Pink - Tutorial

I've had this plastic gold mirror in my office for some time now, I do like the gold against the black walls but I felt like it needed to be updated and I wanted to brighten up the room a little....
First I taped off the edges of the mirror/glass with painters blue tape, then added the white tape to the larger section so I wouldn't get over spray on the glass itself.
I prefer to use Montana brand spray paint, it has a matte finish, covers great and dries fast.
WOWZA! 
look at that hot pink!
Let the paint dry (I did two coats)
Remove the tape and Viola! 
Here it is hanging!
Brightens up the corner and looks super Kitschy! 
Just what I wanted...
What do you think? Do you have any hot pink accessories in your house?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment