Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Autumn!

Trying to embrace that today is the first day of Autumn, it POURED today, then suddenly about 3pm the wind came, took the clouds and rain away with it and all was calm and sunny...

I spent most of the day in the studio working on 20 paintings for the upcoming Burien 20/20 Show 
(in November)
Rain and Tears must subconsciously be on my mind
(Rainy Autumn and Tears from missing Summer already)
I like where this body of work is going so I'm sticking with it for now, the paintings are on wood board and I'm painting, with LOTS of layering to give it an Encaustic look. 
Here's a Canvas piece I'm experimenting wit, loving the "waxy" look to it.
I did get to enjoy the nice afternoon a bit once my Mr. got home, we went for a short drive with a great view...
this view makes me fall in love with Seattle again...
from the dock you can look into the crystal clear Puget Sound..
Do you see the Starfish?
*swoon*

All for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment