Saturday, October 12, 2013

Simple, Modern and Frank Stella

Lately I've been feeling the need to simplify my life from clutter... mental, visual, online and household clutter.... I need to simplify....
Slowly cleaning and clearing out... yesterday I cleared off my computer, I bought an external hard drive and put all my computer files on it, after hours of painfully going through each folder and deleting non-useful items, now it runs like new and I don't have all the files, photos,etc... to go through when I'm looking for one thing...
Also went through my closet, dressers and shoes, I have seven huge bags to consign and a lot more room in my closet and I am closer to selling another dresser and freeing up more bedroom space!
as I de-clutter the house I start to feel a little more relaxed and not so anxious...
I also went through my internet- social media sites and "cleaned" them up too...
nobody has noticed my Facebook page is no longer published online... and my Flickr is soon to expire and be deleted...
why?
 Maybe I need to let go in order to let the new in, I'll take a chance on making my way with new work, new vision and a new outlook.
Because I'm getting older maybe..? Maybe because I'll be spending more time inside since it's Fall/Winter or maybe because I'm focusing on quality rather than quantity,  I really want to focus on my Art, my Website and my Blog, everyone knows how to find me and if you want to talk...Leave a comment below or better yet, please give me a call, I like to hear your voice rather than seeing a "like".
My goal is to be free of metal and physical clutter by the end of the year...hope I can do it!
The pictures your seeing are of Frank Stella
A wonderful minimalist painter, I love his "Black Series"
Simple, Uncluttered and yet Visually Stimulating, this is where I want to be...in life
He (Frank Stella) is heralded for creating abstract paintings that bear no pictorial illusions or psychological or metaphysical references in twentieth-century painting.
 He began to produce works which emphasized the picture-as-object, rather than the picture as a representation of something, be it something in the physical world, or something in the artist's emotional world.Many of the works are created by simply using the path of the brush stroke, very often using common house paint.
! B E A U T I F U L  !



No comments:

Post a Comment