This is such a great recipe! And the best.... No oven required!
- 1/2 cup milk, low or fat free
- 1 cup peanut butter, natural or organic
- 3 cups rolled oats
1. Combine the first two ingredients in a large bowl and stir well
2. Slowly mix in the oats, about a 1/2 cup at a time (The mixture will be very thick!)
3. Scoop out the peanut butter balls and roll with damp hands to create a uniform ball shape (approx. 1″ diameter)
4. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Makes approximately 32 balls
Tips & Techniques:
Natural peanut butter - Regular peanut butter does not have as much moisture as the natural and organic varieties. If you choose to use a regular peanut butter you may need to add more milk to help the mixture hold together. Milk - If your dog is sensitive to dairy products, you can use soy or other nut milks in place of the cows milk.
These peanut butter dog treats will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. You can freeze them for up to 4 months.