Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year, A New Focus...

Today is the 2nd day of the New Year... BRAND NEW YEAR! 
(can you believe it?)
As I mentioned yesterday I made "Goals" for this year instead of "Resolutions" for some reason resolutions are easier for me to forget about and not fulfill,  Goals on the other hand I strive for....one of my goals for 2014 actually started on Dec 16th, that day was the last day of my part time job, I worked as a Studio Artist for a company producing art. Well, I decided to quit and focus on my business, Urban Soule, full time. 
 2013 has been a good year, more work, more shows, festivals, commissions and sales! So, Instead of working two days in their studio, I will be full time again in my studio! I will still do "commission" based jobs with them and keep in close contact, I made a lot of good friends there and will miss seeing, working and feeling the creative energy they all have... 
With that being said, they called today and I'm staring a smaller project for AVA Apartments, it's their logo on three wood panels. Fun!
 I also have GREAT news to share!  (I don't have all the details yet...)
I was chosen to make artwork for one entire floor for the SCCA (Seattle Cancer Care Alliance) in Seattle! 
I have a meeting next week to find out more! Exciting!

One of my smaller   bigger goals is to write a blog post everyday this year..... (HA! wish me luck)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment