Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Planting today

I decided to go with the "island' in the center of the yard with some tropical inspired plants.

Let's take a tour! 

Looking East from the patio..
 I planted miniclover along the pathway
 I love that black bark, I use it everywhere in the gardens, it gives it a modern look and makes the plants stand out. Plus when the Miniclover fills in the pathway it will be a nice contrast!
 looking at the Red Grass corner with the Cold Hardy banana.
 along the pathway,looking back
 the pillars, we still need to add the rebar, put the tops on and finish painting them blue
 I did add a few more plants since I took these photos this morning.
I'm pulled some Blue Fescue, Hostas and Freesia from other parts of the garden and added them in here. I'm also extending the block wall in the back there, it will  border both sides of the yard to the back gate.
 I also need to grab a few more step stones for this pathway and the block wall will continue on this side along the Bamboo and Bananas.


 and the "below" garden, 
Miniclover is growing fast! This is day 7 after planting.

 a close up, I did add another batch of seed to fill in the gaps

No comments:

Post a Comment