Monday, November 28, 2016

Cold Hardy Banana Trees: it's almost time!

It's almost time to winterize my bananas!
I've been (and I'm sure your waiting for me too)
to winterize these Cold Hardy Banana Trees in my yard, I wait until first frost....
well... it's been extra nice here in Seattle, which has been great!
I've got everything prepped for it, just been waiting, and waiting...
 Its Nov 28th already and no frost, the Bananas have been growing and are still looking good so I left them as they are...
I checked the weather today and it looks like maybe this weekend, Sunday night, we'll get the frost, So I'm thinking Saturday I will chop the leaves off and bundle them up for winter.
I will be posting pictures, along with an easy tutorial on how to winterize them and what works for me. I'm sure going to miss them :(
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment