Monday, November 14, 2016

Creative Slump?

I've been in a small curative slump lately, the weather changing, the cold, darkness of fall, slow sales.... it starts happening about mid Oct and runs thru mid November every year for me. I don't want to get out of bed, I just want to hibernate until Spring... nor do I feel like creating anything...
Then the Holiday shopping and Festivals start then I'm busy again!
 This year I'm trying hard to break that cycle, I'm embracing the early darkness as a time to cozy up, relax and recharge and I bought an electric blanket to keep warm! Sales are still slow but that cycle with break on it's own. I'm making myself go out to the studio to paint, or clean or sit, anything as long as I'm in the studio....
This week I've made three new paintings...


They were fun to make and got me out of my slump,  if you feel your in s creative slump, funk or whatever you want to call it, make your self go to your studio, at least sit there, clean up messes, just being in your creative space with help your mind and body to get out of that funk!



No comments:

Post a Comment